It was in a report done by The Sun which stated that a family in Redlands was suing Starbucks after allegedly getting blood in their drinks. They claim that a bleeding barista tainted their beverages back in 2016. The lawsuit states that the family was concerned about contracting a blood-borne disease and left them in ‘extreme distress’ over several months.
A lawsuit has since been filed in the San Bernardino County Superior Court. The exact dollar amount of the lawsuit has not been specified. According to the lawsuit, which was filed on January 30th, the family is suing because they felt a lack of care for their well being by the Starbucks franchise.
The family is looking for compensation due to a failure to warn, negligence, breach of express warranty, breach of implied warranty, fraud, intentional infliction of emotional distress, battery, assault, negligent hiring and negligent training and supervision.
It was on February 6, 2016, when Amanda and Louis Vice, and his mother, Rhonda Agles, and the couple’s two-year-old daughter, Payton Vice, went to the drive-thru line of a Starbucks. The lawsuit states that the family ordered a venti hot white chocolate mocha topped with whipped cream, a grande java chip frappuccino, and a venti ice water.
It was only when they got back home that the family noticed a red smear on the cup along with an ‘odd metallic smell.’ During an interview with The Sun, Amanda Vice said: ‘I felt sick to my stomach. I didn’t know how much was in there. I was pretty grossed out and shocked that my little girl had drank it.’
When the family called the coffeehouse and reported the incident that’s when they were notified that an employee had been bleeding previously and was removed. The lawsuit stated that the store manager offered free drinks for the week but Rhonda Agles said that the family ‘declined the insensitive offer.’
In the interview, Amanda Vice said: ‘we want to see that they take the initiative to try to put better policies in place, that they are acknowledging what happened and it’s a problem, and it’s not OK.’
Click ‘NEXT POST’ for more great articles and be sure to ‘SHARE’ on Facebook!