IQ stands for intelligence quotient and is a measure of what psychologists call our fluid and crystallized intelligence. An IQ test is essentially a method used to measure your reasoning and problem-solving skills.
There are many kinds of IQ tests but most generally focus on your memory and the speed at which you process information. These tests also usually analyze one’s visual, mathematical and language abilities.
This test is 10 questions long. Remember your answers or write them down somewhere to be safe because the correct answers will be revealed at the end.
If you get lower than 6 correct you have an IQ of below 100. Unfortunate, but I won’t tell anyone if you don’t. Deal?
If you score 7 correct answers you have an IQ score around 100, 8 at an IQ of around 110, and at 9 an IQ of around 120.
Most people that take this quiz don’t score higher than a 7. If you take the quiz and score a 7 or more you should consider yourself smarter than most people.
If you get all 10 questions correct, congratulations you’ve scored over 135. Scream the news from the treetops or simply ask others to take the quiz.
1. In January 1198 which politician said: “I did not have sexual relations with that woman?” Joe Biden, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell or Bill Clinton?
2. In the 1939 movie, ‘The Wizard of Oz’ who played Dorothy Gale? Judy Dench, Judy Garland, Sandra Bullock or Jennifer Lawrence?
3. The American Civil War dominated which of these Presidential regimes? Carter, Lincoln, Washington, or Obama?
4. In 2014, which former Prime Minister of Israel died? Pete Seeger, Ariel Sharon, John Dobson, or Dev Patel?
5. What book are the characters the Mad Hatter and the March Hare from? Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter, Hunger Games or The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe?
6. What means of transportation did Queen Elizabeth take to become the first monarch to get to France in 1994? Segway, Limousine, Channel Tunnel, or Windsurf?
7. Where was John F Kennedy Assassinated? New York, Texas, Ohio, or Los Angeles?
8. Who was the first woman to fly across the Atlantic? Louise Nevelson, Robyn Fenty, Amelia Earhart or Ruth Benedict?
9. Princess Diana was the Princess of which country? England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland?
10. What vehicle was John F. Kennedy riding in when he was assassinated? Ford Mustang, Buick Invicta, Lincoln Continental or the Land Rover Range Rover?
That was fun, join me next time on… Jeopardy! Just kidding. I hope you didn’t find any of those too difficult and your memory served you correctly.
As for the answers, here they are: 1. Bill Clinton, 2. Judy Garland, 3. Lincoln, 4. Ariel Sharon, 5. Alice in Wonderland, 6. Channel Tunnel, 7. Texas, 8. Amelia Earhart, 9. Wales, 10. Lincoln Continental.