Whether you love them, hate them, or are a little bit curious, tattoos are becoming increasingly popular and more widely accepted. There are so many different styles from black and white linework to elaborate colored pieces. There are literally endless options when it comes to what you can get.
Tattoos can be as simple as a few geometrical shapes, or as complex as a full portrait of a loved one.
Other times, tattoos can be based on a show or movie series. Whether it be a quote or a clever image from the film, they can be pretty adorable and well done!
Here are 16 beautiful tattoos that were inspired by movies.
1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Here is a cute quote from the indie romance film starring Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. The owner explained that the film taught them a lot about love and fate.
2. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: Here’s a cute cartoony movie/book reference. The owner said that this is her favorite movie in existence and that it cheers her up every time she watches it.
3. The Count of Monte Cristo: Check out this slightly faded chess piece and quote. This was the owner’s favorite movie growing up. The chess piece reminds her to seek her adventures, follow what she loves, and to appreciate even the smallest victories.
4 Bambi: A cute and colorful Thumper from the Disney film Bambi. This one is so cute and the details are bang on.
5. Up: Another perfectly detailed Disney tattoo. This tattoo owner has other movie tattoos that are mainly from Star Wars, but Carl and Ellie are his favorite.
6. Deadpool: Check out the color on Deadpool! He looks almost as if he popped out of a comic book.
7, Spirited Away: Here is a sneaky No Face tattoo from Studio Ghibli’s Spirited Away. Ghibli tattoos are always cute, creative, and sometimes colorful!
8. Meet the Robinsons: An inspiring quote in bold text to help remind this person to keep moving forward. Sometimes, it’s the smallest reminders that can change our mood.
9. Star Wars: I wonder if this is the same person with the Up tattoo! It’s a cute little geometric R2D2 just above her knee.
10. Tuck Everlasting: A beautiful quote paired with the classic tree from Tuck Everlasting, a story about a girl named Winnie who must decide whether or not to drink from a spring that grants eternal life.
11. Beauty and the Beast: This girl has a chip on her shoulder. Recognize the cute little teacup from Beauty and the Beast?
12. How To Train Your Dragon: Do you recognize this outline? It’s the Night Fury, Toothless! This series got the tattoo owner over what was ‘the worst of my depression,’ and he explained that on especially bad days he would remind himself to train his dragons.
13. Where the Wild Things Are: This one is pretty obviously done in the style of the original children’s book, but it’s a pretty good movie too!
14. The Lion King: That must have been a wicked painful tattoo to get–but the results are worth it! You can almost hear ‘Hakuna Matata’ playing.
15. Harry Potter: What would a movie-inspired tattoo list be without a Harry Potter tribute? The wand and spell combination is elegant and simple at the same time.
16. Toy Story: This tattoo owner watched Toy Story many times growing up with her grandmother. This tattoo reminds her that she’ll always have a friend in her.