A lot of people bring their smartphones into the washroom with them. No one would ever think that there’s any danger in doing that. After all, cell phones are pretty small. However, a young girl from Texas tragically lost her life when she brought her phone into the bathtub. Her family found her electrocuted with a burn mark on her hand.
The fourteen-year-old girl was found dead in her home last Sunday.
The cause of her death is reported to be electrocution since there was a phone that was plugged in nearby.
Madison Coe was only fourteen years old at the time of her death and many friends and acquaintances at her school remember her as a ‘sweet and positive girl who was loved by everyone who met her.’
The eighth-grade graduate died after touching her cell phone as it was plugged into a charger. Some reports have suggested that electrocution can also occur if she was in the water while plugging the charger into the wall.
According to Donna O’Guinn, the grandmother of Madison, she said: ‘I call her my shining star. She was very smart, very good student in school. She just loved life.’
The 14-year-old was not only a member of the girls’ basketball team but she was also the number one chair with her tuba in the school band.
Her family hopes that this unfortunate incident can act as a reminder and a form of education to other parents. They hope to educate others on the dangers of plugging in electronics while near or in water.
The grandmother continued on by saying: ‘this is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else.’
She continued on by saying: ‘and we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.’
She finished off by saying: ‘It’s overwhelming to realize that there are people that we don’t even know and we’ll probably never even meet that have taken this message and shared it to protect another child or even an adult. We don’t want to lose anybody.’