Men tend to get a bad rap about their observation skills—or lack thereof.
Some men will admit there’s some truth to women’s complaints, while others are working hard to end the stereotype for good.
Whether you agree with it or not, this article is here to let you know there are some things men notice that women don’t and they might be more reassuring than you think.
1. Your effort. Contrary to popular belief, if you make an effort to get along with his friends or force down that meatloaf he knows you hate just to make his mom happy, he’s probably going to notice.
2. How many times you wore those sweatpants. If you’ve been neglecting laundry for a while and you’re sporting the same food-stained, smelly sweats for days in a row, he’s likely one day away from offering you a Tide pod.
3. Your quirks. Do you avoid that crack in the sidewalk, or do you have to price check every item before you purchase them? You might overlook these funny habits but men probably won’t.
4. How “good” you sing in the shower. Doesn’t everyone believe they’ve mastered Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” after several intense shower sessions?
5. How you interact with others. How often do you yell at your sister when she’s driving you insane? Do you have a baby voice when you’re talking to your pet? He’s noticed.
6. Your texting habits. In the beginning, men will likely pay attention to your every emoji to see how interested you are. Girls who aren’t enthusiastic texters might find guys reading into their quick replies or dry humor. No one said we have to make it easy.
7. What perks you up. Chances are, your man probably made a mental note when he realized he got out of an argument after bringing you a Big Mac.
8. Your sense of humor. If he manages to get a laugh out of you he’s going to continue to pay attention to what cracks you up.
9. If you snore when you sleep. None of us snore.
10. What your movie choices say about you. Are you a sci-fi lover? Do you harbor an unhealthy obsession for Noah Calhoun? Do you own every Harry Potter DVD? (That one’s probably just me). Whether action, fantasy or rom-com films are your cup of tea, he’s getting a sense of what you’re drawn to.
11. When you say something is “OK” but it isn’t. Most of the time, we’re aware when “OK” isn’t OK but the odd times we don’t, our tone, facial expression or body language say otherwise and chances are he knows.
12. How confident you are in your birthday suit. Whether it’s bra on or bra off that makes you feel confident, he’s more attuned to how comfortable you feel than to those little things that might make you self-conscious.