Women are often stereotypically seen as prim and proper, put together and never gross. Being a woman is no easy feat, and sometimes women are held to unrealistic expectations that can be hard to live up to.
What most men don’t realize (or refuse to realize) is that we’re all human beings, male or female. Women do weird and gross things just like men do; they just don’t like to admit it.
Whether it’s waiting a few weeks to wash our bras or refusing to shave during the long and cold winter months, there are lots of things women do that men might consider gross. In reality, they’re actually pretty normal. And although it’s normal, most women prefer not to admit the weird things they do behind closed doors.
Here are 16 things women do that they will never admit to.
1. Women pick their noses just as much as men do, they’re just better at hiding it.
2. Lots of women go days (and I mean days) without washing their hair.
3. When women are eating cookies, chips or anything that is particularly crunchy or crumbly, you better believe they end up spending longer than they’d like to admit digging crumbs out from their bras.
4. Popping zits is done from the comfort and privacy of a woman’s own home. It sounds gross, sure, but women do it all the time. And besides, who hasn’t succumbed to the temptation of pimple-popping at one point in their lives?
5. Women fart. Women fart a lot. They just have super clever and sneaky ways of hiding it. And you better believe that sometimes they smell pretty horrible.
6. The best part of a woman’s evening after a long and stressful day at work is going home, taking off her bra, and relaxing on the couch.
7. Lots of women probably can’t tell you the last time they washed their bras. And they’ll usually use the excuse that the laundry machine ruins them, but that’s not always the case.
8. Women also have that one favorite go-to bra. And they’ll wear it for months and even years, until it’s barely hanging on and diminished to shreds.
9. When it’s winter, lots of women don’t shave. They’ve got to stay warm somehow, right?
10. And yes, women definitely urinate in the shower. But that’s something they’ll never admit.
11. Sneezing, coughing and even laughing are all risky maneuvers when it’s that time of the month. And if you can’t seem to understand why then don’t bother asking.
12. When a woman’s fingernails are dirty she will usually just pick out the dirt with her own nails. And when her nail polish starts to chip away, she will pick at the remaining nail polish with her nails (and sometimes even her teeth) too.
13. When desperate times call for desperate measures (like when you’re on a camping trip) and that time of the month decides to make an appearance, sometimes women have to resort to using toilet paper.
14. If some women don’t wear deodorant all day, you just know they’re gonna have a bad time. Some women rely on their deodorant more than they’d like to admit.
15. Some women probably can’t even tell you when they last cleaned their makeup brushes.
16. And sometimes women take selfies because they’re having a bad day. Snapping a few cute pictures can sometimes make all the difference.