Today, we all are guilty of wanting to look like the glamorous people we see on social media. Regardless of what style we enjoy, fashion adds up. If you have the skills, it’s way cheaper to design something on your own than paying $50 for it, but some of us don’t have such a talent. Whether you see a pair of heels you love, or a top that just looks adorable, we all want to keep up with the latest trend.
Luckily, we don’t need to drop hundreds of dollars to look luxurious. There are actually little things we can do to make ourselves look a little more put together. People don’t have to know if you have a ton of money or not. It’s all about presentation.
This may apply more to women, but here are a few tips that are pretty simple and can automatically make you more on the glamorous side without breaking your bank account. So check out these tips. They might inspire you to change a thing or two up!
1. A handbag adds a lot to your entire look, believe it or not. Your clothes don’t have to look like you bought them at the most expensive store, but a handbag can make any outfit look amazing. According to Reader’s Digest, a quality handbag is worth a little more of an investment. Get one with a simple design in a neutral color.
2. Wearing a fragrance with any outfit makes you look a little more luxurious. That doesn’t mean you have to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a perfume. Simply find a scent that you love and apply it to your skin. According to Into The Gloss, never apply the perfume to your clothing or hair…just directly to your skin.
3. According to WhoWhatWear.com, spending a ton of money on jewelry is not necessary to make you look more glamorous. In fact, inexpensive jewelry does the trick (if styled thoughtfully). The site advises to opt for clear crystals over plastic gemstones and choose darker metals over excessively shiny ones.
4. You can be wearing ripped cloth, and if you have a cute jacket on top of it, it instantly becomes an outfit. Cosmopolitan notes that you need a quality jacket that will last you for a while and you can pair with any outfit. Personally, an oversized jean jacket does it for more people! It doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg either.
5. Cosmopolitan also mentions that visible bra and panty lines are a huge no-no when it comes to looking luxurious. Unfortunately, a lot of clothes on the cheaper side tend to be flimsy and poorly-fitted. Luckily, if you have a well-fitted bra and panties, people won’t be able to tell the difference between an expensive outfit and a lower-priced one!
6. If you are into fashion at all, you probably know that you can never go wrong wearing black. Doesn’t matter if you paid 20 bucks for the outfit or 200 bucks for the outfit. Money Crashers notes that wearing earthy colors like browns often makes your outfit look dingy and sad. But black and white make your outfit look like a million bucks!
7. Paying attention to the detail of your clothes is key. It costs nothing to sew up a loose thread or a missing button. According to Reader’s Digest, you should never wear an item of clothing with a stain, hole or a missing button. That naturally comes with cheaper clothes, but it takes two seconds to fix up!
8. Wearing pointy heels makes you look classy, professional and expensive. Whowhatwhere.com notes that the beauty of it is that you don’t have to get yourself the most expensive shoes. You can find pointy heeled shoes on a reasonable budget. They are pretty comfortable on your feet as well!
9. An article written in the Huffington Post mentions that having incredible hair makes any outfit look put together, regardless how much you paid for it. That doesn’t mean you have to have long, wavy hair. You can tie your hair back in a nice tight bun and still look like a million bucks.
10. The article also notes that using a steamer over an iron goes a long way toward making your clothes look perfect. Wrinkled anything makes you look like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. A steamer smoothes out your clothes to perfection. Definitely worth purchasing one, and it’s not expensive!
11. According to Reader’s Digest, if you want to look extra polished, matching your shoes to your handbag goes a long way. It’s pointless to drop a ton of money on shoes because they get ruined anyway. But making them match with your handbag makes you look a bit more luxurious. Also, it’s important to keep your shoes in tip-top shape.
12. The final tip that I’m sure a lot of us who are into fashion have noticed is the tucked in look. Reader’s Digest notes that a tucked-in shirt with either a skirt or trousers goes a long way. It makes you look classy, stylish and polished. The top doesn’t have to be tightly fitted and a more monochrome look in black, white or navy goes a long way.