Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have your own doppelganger? This is something identical twins get to experience every day, and some of them look so much alike that it’s actually bizarre.
If you’ve ever known any identical twins, you’ll know that sometimes it’s almost impossible to tell them apart unless you really know them. This can lead to some awkward situations.
Here are 10 twins that look so much alike that it’s weird.
1. Ashlee and Aimee Nelson are identical twins. Not only do they look exactly the same, but they also gave birth to their sons on the exact same day!
Ashlee and Aimee both got pregnant within two days of each other. The twins say that the pregnancies were not planned. Their baby boys were born on the same day, only 2 hours apart from one another. Ashlee and Aimee’s family says that the twins have shared odd, unplanned coincidences like this for their whole lives.
2. Craig and Mark Sanders attended a twins convention in Ohio when they met two identical twin sisters. The brothers dated the sisters for one year before proposing to them…on the same day!
The couples had a double wedding in 1999. Craig and his wife Diane later gave birth to identical twin boys.
3. Jim Lewis and Jim Springer are famously known as the “Jim twins.” The brothers were separated at birth and were adopted by two different families. By perhaps sheer coincidence or maybe even fate, the brothers were both given the same name by their adoptive parents.
The brothers finally met in 1979. They realized that they shared many bizarre similarities, including the fact that they both smoked the same type of cigarette, had a habit of biting their nails, and even drove the same model of car.
4. Kinsan and Ginsan were Japan’s oldest living twins, and were born on August 1, 1892.
The twins became media sensations. They were known as a happy pair of sisters, and died in 2000 and 2001 at the ages of 107 and 108.
5. Billy Leon and Benny Lloyd were identical twins who were born in 1946. They were professional wrestlers and held the title for undefeated tag team champions for 14 years.
In 1978, the twins earned the Guinness World Record for being the heaviest twins in the world. Billy weighed 743 pounds, while his brother weighed 723 pounds.
6. Abigail and Brittany Hensel are identical twins from Minnesota. What sets them apart from a regular pair of twins is that they are conjoined, and both share just one single body.
Each sister has a separate heart, stomach, lungs and spine. They share all their organs from the waist down. The twins first made headlines when they appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show when they were just six years old, and have been all over the media since.
7. Anna and Lucy Decinque are twins from Australia who have reportedly spent over $200 thousand in plastic surgery to make them look more alike.
They want to look as alike as is physically possible, and even share the same job, food, bed and boyfriend.
8. Bridgette and Paula Powers are identical twin sisters who, by the age of 30, had only ever been apart once. The twins have a very similar medical history and are rarely seen without each other.
The twins have admitted that when they are not together, they do not feel like themselves. They often speak in unison and consider themselves one person.
9. Allie and Gabby Byers are identical twin sisters who work together and take pride in being exactly the same.
The twins say that they share all the same clothes, and always buy matching outfits. They prefer dressing similar to one another but say that they are both very different.
10. Amy and Becky Glass are twins who are “addicted to being identical.” The twins say that they have not spent over 30 minutes apart in the last 20 years.
The twins eat the same meals and are obsessed with making sure that they both weigh the exact same. They even sleep in the same bedroom and have never had their own separate rooms.