There’s nothing like a super challenging riddle to get your brain working. Sometimes the best thing to solve a mental block is working on a different problem, such as a hard brain teaser. Very challenging riddles can do a lot for your brain, such as improving your critical thinking skills and pushing you to think differently.
There are some truly difficult brain puzzles out there, but what are some of the most difficult? Often, the harder the riddle the more satisfaction a person will get out of answering it. Finding the solutions to very challenging riddles is like a reward in itself (although a real prize is always nice too).
These are 8 of the most difficult brain puzzles compiled from around the internet. Some of them may be harder than the others, but they will all give your brain and your critical thinking skills a solid workout. Start your day with these very challenging riddles and you’ll be able to solve any problem that comes your way.
1. The Hanging Man: This is a classic riddle, and is just a warm-up. Do you think you can figure out how the man managed to kill himself?
ANSWER: The man stood on a block of ice and let it melt until the noose tightened.
2. The Poker Game: How did the police know who the killer was?
ANSWER: The other poker players are all women.
3. Basket of Eggs: This one looks like it has some tricky math, but looks can be deceiving.
ANSWER: The last person took the basket with the egg still in it.
4. The Recluse: What is the correct answer to this seemingly impossible scenario?
ANSWER: The recluse was a lighthouse keeper.
5. The Wife in the Car: The answer to this one should be obvious to some people. Can you figure it out?
ANSWER: The wife was pregnant. She died giving birth while the man was gone.
6. The Polygamy Problem: How does a man that is marrying multiple women get away with it?
ANSWER: The man is a priest. He married the women to 20 men.
7. A Man and a Drink: What in the world was this bartender doing when he pulled a gun on this man?
ANSWER: The man had the hiccups, so the bartender scared him.
8. Falling Baby: The answer to this final riddle might hit you right away. The solution? The baby fell out of a first-floor window.