Depending on where you live, you might not have the luxury of being able to wake up and gaze upon a beautiful view. If you live in a tight city or a suburb, there are some views that you can only enjoy in photograph such as
- Gorgeous Mountains,
- and Lush Islands.
There are some views on this world that are so breathtaking that just spending a few minutes there can be super inspiring.
Check out these 15 breathtaking views from around the world that are sure to inspire you.
1. The Cambrian Hotel, Swiss Alps: This infinity pool can be found at a beautiful hotel tucked in the mountains of the Swiss Alps. The rolling hills combined with the snowy peaked mountains makes for the perfect breathtaking view.
2. Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania: The highest mountain in Africa brings about 40,000 tourists each year and that’s not including the guides and other support personnel that climb this beautiful attraction.
3. Fjallabaksleid, Iceland: This beautiful green pathway goes through a mountain track high in the mountains located north of the Myrdalsjokull glacier. This scenic site is the result of years of geological activity.
4. Melissani Cave, Kefalonia, Greece: Imagine going for a swim here? According to Greek mythology, nymphs used to live in this cave and they would tempt sailors with their beauty. But nowadays tourists and visitors eagerly enter and are willing to catch a glimpse of a mythical creature.
5. Easter Island: This remote volcanic island is located in Polynesia. Its native name is Rapa Nui and it’s famous for its archaeological sites. Doesn’t this look like a scene from an anime?
6. Corcovado Mountain, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Most are familiar with the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer located at the top of Corcovado mountain. From this point, visitors experience an astonishing view of the city as well as the Sugarloaf Mountain.
7. The Troll’s Tongue, Norway: This almost looks like the pride rock from The Lion King. This gravity-defying stone came to be after a piece of rock broke away from the mountain. It’s 350 meters above a lake and is a bit hard to get to, requiring a 12 km hike.
8. The White Cliffs of Dover, England: These chalk cliffs have been used by sailors for years as navigation. Located on the coast of Kent, these cliffs are the reason the Romans called England ‘Albion’ from the word ‘albus’ meaning white.
9. The Moon Bridge, Taiwan: This bridge is the main attraction at Dahu Park in Taipei, Taiwan. At Twilight, the moon hits the water causing this stunning silhouette reflection on the water.
10. Victoria Peak, Hong Kong: This view is the best of both worlds with tree tops blending into skyscrapers. It’s located west of Hong Kong and it’s a great view at night.
11. Bagan, Myanmar: These Buddhist temples and monasteries are located in the ancient city of Bagan. It really looks like an ancient kingdom. Back in the day, there were over 10,000 religious centers here but today there are only 2,200.
12. The Twelve Apostles, Australia: These cliffs look like they came out of a fantasy movie but they’re actually located off the coast of Port Campbell National Park, Australia. Years of geological activity and ocean activity caused their formation.
13. The Island of Skye, Scotland: This green mountain landscape located in Scotland offers thrilling and rugged mountains, ancient castles, and clear blue lakes.
14. Where the Namib Desert Meets the Atlantic Ocean: Not sure if many people would be able to sunbathe on this beach! These are the highest sand dunes in the world!
15. Bridge over Dachstein Glacier, Austria: This is one of the highest bridges in the world. If you are afraid of heights this might not be the best view for you, but it’s surely magnificent!
And there you have it! 15 breathtaking views that are sure to stir up the wanderlust in you. The image below is an imagined lanscape by a dedicated architect with a big imagination!