With the rise of social media, trends come and go faster than ever before. Everybody wants to keep up with what’s hot and in style. One of the most popular things to keep up with are makeup tips and trends. People are getting more creative with the stuff they’re coming up with from:
- Kitty litter facials,
- Crayon nail polish,
- Pizza grease makeup remover.
You will definitely want to try some of these beauty hacks. You will also want to skip some others, because they might seem like they don’t work. And then there are some that work really well but are going to sound a bit strange.
Without further ado here are 10 awesome beauty hacks that were so popular they went viral.
1. Bangs Shaving: One beauty blogger shared that by swapping scissors for a razor, her bangs gained more of a fluffy texture. Several girls use this technique to give their hair an edgy cut at home but some people prefer to just go to the salon.
2. Pizza Grease Makeup remover: We know what you’re thinking. There’s no way this could possibly work: pizza grease is bound to cause anyone to break out! The whole point of removing make up is to cleanse the skin, not make it worse. However, an editor for Seventeen magazine shared that pizza grease was the best way to remove her matte lipstick. I guess if pizza grease has to be anywhere on your face, your lips are probably the best place.
3. Toothpaste Lips: There are a tong of lip hacks that people have been trying over years such as the Kylie Jenner lip challenge. On a more beneficial note, people are giving their lips toothpaste masks. Though it sounds weird and probably looks ridiculous, if tooth paste is applied to the lips, left on for a minute, and then washed off it leaves your lips softer and less chapped.
4. Black head tweezers: Popping zits used to be a big no-no. It was seen as a gross thing that you’re not supposed to do. Despite most people being openly grossed out about zits, the internet has a huge obsession with zit-popping. Because of this, the blackhead tweezers were introduced to the beauty world. This little tool looks like something you might see in a dentist’s office but it actually gets the job done.
5. Peanut Butter Shaving Cream: One beauty blogger suggested using peanut butter as a shaving cream because it can protect the skin from cuts during the process. However, the substance doesn’t work hat well because it clogs the razor. Plus, several people have allergies to peanuts. If you’re ever in a pinch though, I guess this could work.
6. Zit Remover: Toothpaste and dental floss not only clean your teeth, they can remove zits too! To use dental floss as a zit remover simply wrap a piece of it around your fingers and rub over the problem area. Or, you can use two dental floss sticks to squeeze the black heads on the nose. Tooth paste can be left on overnight and both of those troubled places in order to reduce redness and swelling.
7. Wasabi Lip Plumper: You know that mound of green stuff that comes with your sushi? It’s extremely hot and used to season the sushi. It’s also used to kill bacteria. Turns out the hot condiment also works wonders as a lip plumper. Simply apply an even coating to the lips and after a few minutes the effects should be noticeable, if you can take the heat.
8. Shaving Cream Makeup Gel: Seeing as shaving cream is meant to be used on the face, there’s no harm in trying this one. After a beauty blogger found herself in a desperate situation, she decided to try shaving cream to take off her makeup and it worked. This led to a bunch of responses from other girls who tried the hack and reported its effectiveness at getting the job done.
9. Kitty Litter Face Mask: Though the thought of rubbing litter on your face probably sounds less than appealing, it actually makes a great face mask that’s good for the purpose of exfoliation.
All you have to do is combine 2 tablespoons of kitty litter, water, and Aloe Vera together. Then, heat that mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds. The paste is then applied like a regular face mask. After 15 minutes it should leave your face feeling smooth.
10. Crayon Nails: Everyone knows you can melt crayons down to make some wicked art, but did you know you can turn it into nail polish? A vlogger found out how to do this and shared the secret with the internet. After heating the crayons in a spoon, she applied the hot wax to her fingers to create a quick and cheap manicure.
However, the hot wax might burn your fingers. Plus, the final result comes out looking quite clumpy and uneven. Cute in theory, but not so practical.